Sunday, September 11, 2011

SUMMER 2011 & 2 YEARS @ SOURCE!


2 YEARS AND THEN SOME :)

As I'm writing this letter, I've been thinking about the first day that I came to Source 3 years ago for my internship and seeing how much God has grown & changed me since then. From there I made my 2-year commitment to work with Source and this past August marks a little over 2 ½ years of serving with them full-time. My experience has been one of learning and growing into more of who God has made me and discovering more of the heart that I have for serving, hospitality, the arts and sharing the love of Jesus with others....(and also learning to take on more of a leadership role and growing more out of my “shell” of timidness through all of my experiences.) I have been working with many different types of people, from the traveling homeless to many of my Somali & Hispanic neighbors to highly eclectic artists---all living within blocks of my Minneapolis home. I have poured out my heart to many and have made many feel welcome who don't know Jesus. I've been so grateful to be part of a ministry that values providing a place for those who are searching to know God and I definitely feel blessed to work alongside so many people who have a heart to serve and follow God with their lives. Alas, what you may have guessed by this point, I am approaching some upcoming changes...I have been praying & thinking about this for a little while (and some of you have been praying, too) and I have decided to finish my full-time position with Source as this summer has come to a close. As I have been talking with my director and his wife, I have been wrapping things up on my end. As the flow of the summer naturally has a break at the end of the summer, the timing of finishing up my time with Source made sense to conclude at the end of August. As I was approaching the end of my time serving alongside Source, the end of summer was busy yet still a very exciting time:  

I LEAD A CREATIVE WORKSHOP THIS SUMMER

This past summer involved many aspects of continuing relationships with many in the neighborhood who do not know God and continuing to have a Christ-like presence within the artist community of South Minneapolis. We also continued to pour into the initiative of the building the “Annex” & “Take a Number”: Traveling Art Exhibit (raising awareness through creative efforts and providing housing needs for women transitioning out of sex-trafficking). As part of this initiative, I lead a Women's Creative Workshop (survivors from sex-trafficking). As part of the evenings, we had a group of 20 women (volunteers & participants) take part in a meal that we provided, getting to know one another, a creative project and had a time to share and pray with each other at the end of the night. It was such a great experience and it was great to see so many women open to sharing and processing through some things while recognizing God in the midst of their terrible circumstances. I had such a great time getting to know some of the women and providing a welcoming & safe place for them to recognize God working in their lives!                                 


ART FEST, KIDS CLUB & COMMUNITY GARDEN!

 We also had a wonderful annual Art Festival this past July (you can see pictures on my facebook page here)! We had some summer staff come in to help out with our summer kids' club and I loved continuing to get know people in the community garden next door...  I was also involved with the planning of an art intensive (gathering of Christian artists to create together, pray together, and process creatively together!)...very busy, but I loved it:)  


AND NOW...

As for now, I am taking some time to spend with my family after an intense 2 years of ministry and seeking God's direction for what is next (and applying for jobs!). In case you are wondering and/or you have been financially supporting me...(and you're of course welcome to ask me more questions @ staciphilgreen@yahoo.com)...I am able to receive support through November 30, 2011 as Back Pay. Your payments (whether you mail in checks or you are enrolled in the automatic withdrawal program) can/will continue to go through Source through this date unless you would like to request to be taken off as a regular supporter before November 30th. If you choose to continue to send in your support, this will help tremendously as I transition from full-time ministry to finding a full-time job. This has been an incredible journey and I appreciate all of the prayers & financial support & encouraging words that so many of you have given in the last few years! Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I walk through this transition period and taking the next step of trusting and following God for what is next :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

-stacey

See New Summer photos on my facebook group page: Stacey in Minneapolis!
Source Annex updates: sourceannex.org
Source/Fallout Arts Initiative (I helped put together the website :): falloutartsinitiative.com


No comments:

Post a Comment