Monday, November 2, 2009

suMmER-SePTeMBer UpDaTe...2009

SuMmEr-SepTeMbER upDaTe... 2009

wow...thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have so consistently been praying and financially supporting my work here! With your consistent monthly giving I have made it through the summer (and I trust God will provide through my continued support) without having to worry if I would have enough money to live...so thank you!! The summer has come to an end and i am officially beginning my first experience of fall here in Minneapolis! With helping plan summer events, moving into my new house, saying goodbye to interns, and welcoming in new residents in our new women's house—i've found myself a little distracted from sending an update.


Most of my summer consisted of hoSting youth groups, putting MuraLs together, hosting visitors, and getting our nEw wOmen's house ready to move into! (Where I'm living now). A duplex was purchased at a very low price (previously had a fire) with the intention of having a discipleship/ transitional home for women who want to live in a place where they can grow in their relationship with God within a community. So my main job was to organize getting the house deep-cleaned, painted, and ready to move into...its been fun making it feel like home! We've now moved and we're still making finishing touches on the other ½ of the duplex for the new interns that have now moved in.


We had our annual ARt FeSt, which ran very smoothly! We were able to provide this for free to the community, everything from 3 stages of live music, artist booths, children's games, gallery show, and free food. We also had our Urban Ministry Training and Art Intensive weeks where we held training for urban outreach and encouraged artists in their faith and art. Throughout the summer we also were able to share many of our food donations and serve frEe meaLs to a lot of the homeless traveling crowds that flock to Minneapolis for the mild summer weather. It was fun especially getting to know a couple that came around often just to hang out and came to some of our events. We were able to get to know them, tell them about our faith and provide them with food and clothes that they needed


Through the summer I was continuously stretched through our Bible Study, helping lead volunteer groups & prayer groups, and getting to know everyone who has recently joined the community. My prayer is that this will be a time where I will continue to grow closer to God and that I'll be able to share my encouragement with the other girls living in the house and with those that come through our art center. We also need prayer for our finances because our fiscal year ended and ½ of our financial giving did not come in. We are currently in the process of having navigate some things that will have to change...mainly consisting of our only 2 paid full-time positions of our office manager having to drop down to part-time and having a part-time maintenance/ transitional homes director having to take the place of our previous full-time director. Through these tough times, we are trusting God to take care of our needs and trying to make changes where they are needed.

stacey.

Praise!

-We are now living in our new women's discipleship house & several new people have moved in

-Art Fest ran smoothly!

-Relaxing time visiting my parents TOGETHER in Ft. Myers, FL for my mini-vacation in Aug.


Prayer Requests:

-To balance my time wisely & make sure that I take my time to rest!

-Ministry finances, Office manager position to be filled

-New season with transition from summer to fall

-That i won't freeze when winter comes :/


***Feel free to check out what's happening @ www.sourcemn.org***

**Pictures to come soon on my facebook page!

Stacey Philgreen
staciphilgreen@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment